This gua sha facial tool made from jade shaped especially for treating the face. The gua shas in our assortment are a result of through testing and experimenting of skincare specialist Katja Kokko. They fit perfectly to your hand, have a good grip and are hand-made from high quality jade stone to boost your current skincare routine.
Smaller than a traditional gua sha comb, this purpose-designed tool with its notches and curves makes it great for the facial bone structure, jawline, masseter, cheekbones and skin around the eyes. The tapered shape means you can use the tool on its side to scrape the base of wrinkles to improve fading.Everyone sees and feels the effects of gua sha at their own unique pace. However you will notice effects, changes and improvements after every treatment. <3
Effects of a facial gua sha:
- Boosts skin circulation --> oxidized blood travels up to the surface layers of the skin to nourish tissues and skin cells --> faster skin renewal
- Invigorates lymph fluid circulation --> removes puffiness on the face and under the eyes
- Brightens and ”opens up” the eyes
- Improves collagen and elastin production
- Fades fine lines and wrinkles and tightens saggy tissue
- The features of the cheeks and jawline become more sculpt
- Can reduce impurities
- Can fade pigment spots
You can start by treating your skin for just couple of minutes, that will already give you benefits! Once you find your routine to gua sha you can extent your treatment time. Treating wrinkles and getting long-term results however requires commitment to the method.
In Chinese medicine, jade is said to improve kidney energy and cleanse the body from toxins and metabolic waste. Jade is particularly beneficial for a stressed mind and body.
As the tools are made from natural stone, each tool is unique and may vary in colour.HOW TO USE
A lubricant is used in gua sha to make sure the tool glides smoothly on the skin – a high-quality skin oil
works best. Do the gua sha at the end of your normal skin care regimen. Hydrate the skin with a toner
and apply oil. You can also use your regular serum
before applying oil. Use a body oil
when treating the body.SEE STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR USING GUA SHA IN THE PRODUCT IMAGES ABOVE.
After use, clean the comb with soap and water and dry carefully. Disinfect the tool if treating someone else.Gua sha is not recommended if you have:
- Damaged or infected skin
- Rosacea, acne or perioral dermatitis (areas of the afore-mentioned symptoms should be left untreated HOWEVER you can treat skin below and around. Treating the neck and décolletage is actually beneficial if you have acne or rosacea.
- If fillers or Botox have been applied to the skin in the last three months
What is gua sha?
Gua sha comes from the words gua, meaning to scrape or rub, and sha, meaning a reddish rash. It is a self-care therapy that has been in use for over a thousand years in Asia, especially China, with its roots in Chinese medicine.
The treatment releases muscle and fascia tension and stimulates circulation. It results in redness on the treated area of skin. The therapy leaves you feeling energized and refreshed, as it also improves qi – the flow of life energy in channels known as meridians.
Gua sha relaxes the nervous system, which in turn releases tension. It is a useful form of treatment for anyone suffering from migraine, headaches, neck and back pain, and stress. Anyone can treat themselves with gua sha at home.
Gua sha is an effective treatment for the face, immediately bringing spa-like, visible results to
your skincare. A facial gua sha shouldn’t result in red marks, although some redness can occurmomentarily during treatment.